Thread: TSA Upgrade: 13 mos (and dropping?)

Koolaidman , 09-14-2007 12:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off
Koolaidman
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jul 2006
  • Position
    SKYW CRJ FO
Ghilis,

Why vote ALPA? I am happy without it. Where do you fly? What has ALPA done for you? ALPA is not going to raise our quality of life, if they were, don't you think OUR parent company would have come to terms with ASA by now? Or let me guess, we are the ones holding ASA down, right? Because they can transfer the flying to us cheaper?

If you want ALPA, fly for an ALPA carrier. I don't feel threatened for my job like a did at your fellow ALPA carrier Trans States. The majority of people who fly here are happy. We have good work rules without a union, we have the ability to say NO to junior assignments and good schedules. Our first year pay is low, our RJ CA pay is a little above average and our EMB is among the best 30 seat in the industry.

I don't know why everyone has such a beef with SkyWest? We don't hire 250 hour wonders that "bring down the industry" like you all think. We don't underbid everyone like everyone else thinks. If that were the case, I assume we would have picked up a lot more of the 900's. Instead, Comair, Mesa and Pinnacle were awarded around 14 aircraft per company. So the "non-union" guys underbidding everyone argument doesn't hold water; in my opinion.

SkyWest pilots don't leave SkyWest to go elsewhere and get the "protection" that is apparently needed by the current guys holding the ALPA drive. One of the hardcore "let's get ALPA here now" guys was fired and got his job back. He feels that ALPA is necessary for people to get their job back after being "unjustly" fired. However, he got his job back without ALPA, so I don't understand his point? This happened years ago.

Funny how you corrected me for correcting someone who is a professional airline pilot. We all sit here and complain about not being paid enough, yet people don't know how to spell "throw" and "through", or "lose" and "loose". At least I had the class not to call the guy "snooty SkyWest ...hole". Making fun of someone is one thing, but calling someone an a..hole over a forum is another.

And of course, I will get mauled because I don't share the same views as you do about ALPA. It happens every time with every ALPA supporter out there. What is your answer to the current US Airways/Amercia West deal? A decision was made by an arbitrator, yet the pilots at US Airways don't want to accept it. The decision was made in court! How can you argue that? And then have the nerve to sue!

It is people like you that make forums like this useless. I poked a little fun at someone because they can't spell a word learned in fifth grade. Foxcow, I apologize. If you want to continue this conversation and call me whatever, at least do it via a PM.