View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 11:14 AM
Missed Appch
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by whooooooocares View Post
What's the current outlook on negotiations. What is a reasonable guess on time till new contract. Is the company trying at all, or typical dragging of feet.

Thanks for the info, you guys have been super helpful in my deliberation of carriers.
This is the way that I understand it. I could be wrong and if so hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Meetings are scheduled for this week. The company has no interest in getting a new contract. To say that they are dragging their feet would be a huge understatement. Why would they want to fork out more money? They absolutely hate employees in every sense of the imagination. I would be shocked if we get a new contract in 2017, and am doubtful about 2018. It just depends on when and if the NMB will allow us to strike.

Keep in mind with a new administration comes new NMB members. So they can keep everything status quo, or they can replace all the mediators. We could press on like nothing happened, or we could end up with a totally new mediator that wants to start from the beginning. That would obviously add a lengthy amount of time to negotiations. But there are so many variables, that no one has a clue as to how it's going to go down. Either way, it won't be quick.

I'd go elsewhere if I were you. Nothing is going to change anytime soon.

Last edited by Missed Appch; 02-26-2017 at 11:34 AM.