View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 08:48 PM
rsrsrscanada
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2016
Default need advice please

need advice

I graduated from university with a bachelor of science degree back in 2015. I am 25 years old.
I am a Canadian citizen.
I had plans of attending dental school but with a massive 500K tuition for the 4 year program
make me think twice about this decision. Even if the average salary of a dentist is approx 130K a year,
this debt will not make a wise decision when eventually this will increase with interest.
I have always wanted to become an airline pilot. This has always been a dream of mine but decided to go to the dental school route due to stability back when I started undergrad.
I have made a decision to start from scratch and change my career.

I understand that the airline industry can be unstable at times but when I want to pursue this dream.
I also understand that it will take many years at least 5+ years of experience to each close to 100K if I’m determined and lucky. I understand what I am getting myself into but I believe the reward and the job itself sounds like a good fit for me. I have many questions and am looking for some answers. Honest answers that the flight schools will be hesitant to give.
I have no flying experience whatsoever. I will be starting from scratch.
1. Realistically, how long (years) will it take to get all of my licenses and ratings?
2. should I attend a flight school and take the licenses individually or attend a program that includes many of the licenses.
3. what should I do in order to save as much money as possible when doing all of these licenses?

if there is anything you can give advice on, please let me know,
I need as much help and guidance as I need
Thanks a lot of reading this thread.