Old 02-27-2017, 08:15 AM
Flying101
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by Boeing Aviator View Post
Actually Kirby is very good. After the merger it was common knowledge at management teams at DAL, AA and others that a combined UAL - CAL had the best hubs and mainline network hands down. But as long as Smisek and his misfits were running the show nothing to worry about. They always said however if UAL ever got solid management they were a massive force to be reckoned with.

Well with Oscar Munoz, Scott Kirby we finally have great management. Others always bring up Kirby and RJ's. Well that's why you have a contact and scope section for and UAL's scope is the best in the industry. Yes we can always improve & tweak and I'm sure Kirby will be difficult to negotiate against.

That being said the UAL MEC was blown away by Kirby's briefing to them at the last MEC meeting and from what I am told that was unanimous from the entire MEC. Given any MEC especially ours that's no small accomplishment. Kirby wants to be number one and is very aggressive, Smisek wanted to be number three to cut expense and run a $hitty airline.

I'll take Kirby any day. Now that the big three all have very competent managements, mergers caused profitable entities & pattern bargaining has raised the bar that's great news for all pilots in the industry!
DON'T BE FOOLED! Kirby is a Navy guy who didn't fly... He DOES NOT like pilots, period. He loves outsourcing and cheap labor. Why do you think USAirways has so many regional carriers? He's not a dumb guy but he does not care about pilots just $$$.