Old 03-01-2017, 09:46 AM
bigtime209
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Originally Posted by ppilk View Post
Specifically with the regionals. I know the majors are very seniority based but vary from airline to airline. Some guy I know has worked with Spirit for 6 months and is home with his newborn every night. I hear at other companies like Delta it can take decades.

What about with the regionals? Are there any specific companies that are known for early flexibility (mainly curious about Piedmont, Republic, Air Wisconsin @PHL)?

Old buddy just got hired by Piedmont and they seemed very open to giving in to his demands (he basically told them he needed to be based in PHL and they said no problem). Never got a chance to ask him about scheduling flexibility.
The short answer to your question is no. Spirit is known for it's top notch quality of life and scheduling ability. That's the place you want to be if you want to be home as much as possible. Regional airlines and flexibility are two things that don't really go hand in hand. Envoy has a very small amount of 1 and 2 day trips but they obviously go ultra senior. The other airlines I'd be speculating about, but I believe Republic is mostly 4 day trips, if not completely. Piedmont is very short staffed so those guys are working quite a bit, and AWAC is shifting from AA flying to United flying so I'd imagine the PHL base is going away for them. And ALL airlines are very seniority based.