View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 08:23 AM
geosync
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by Jingles View Post
I want to bring this thread back from the dead because I've been trying to weigh out my options for college. (I'm a junior in a SoCal hs) Mt Sac looks like a very solid option because of the dirt cheap rates... and dirt cheap tuition. $75 wet in the 152 and $35 for instruction. (For students only) I think that's pretty hard to beat in collegiate aviation... correct me if I'm wrong. If I go there, I would probably complete a 4 yr degree in something, preferably non aviation related. Goal is a flying career. So I was wondering if anyone had any recent experience with the program. Thanks
I did not attend Mt. Sac but my company works with them, and I think it's a good program. Good management by people who care and that have been there a long time, not a pilot mill like American Flyers(I will say AF does have its place, but not necessarily for primary students) and structured more so than a general part 61 club. If after flight training you can get a 4 year degree using credits from Mt. Sac then great. I think junior colleges are an excellent way of getting primary classes out of the way on the cheap, as long as you're focused on the goal.