Old 09-15-2007, 09:30 AM
flyerfly
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: A320 Right
Default Quality product and allegiance to mainline

I don't want this thread to offend anyone especially my friend up there sitting reserve in MKE, however. It is my observation and any criticism is welcomed.

Every time I ride on Skywest UAL out of ORD the only time is see or hear UAL is in the magazine and on the side of the airplanes, and some times the airplane doesn't even say United. Clearly SKW provides a quality product with very nice crews, good MX, and clean airplanes.

However, I wonder why I never hear, "Thank you for flying United" or "thank you for flying United Express operate by Skywest Airlines" Many of the F/A announcement are "welcome aboard Skywest Express flight ****" "Thank you for flying Skywest"

I understand that pride in a company is very important, but where is the allegiance to mainline. After all they are giving you the flying, and the pax didn't buy tickets to ride on Skywest.

Comments? Maybe I'm a little bent out of shape. Perhaps I am. I just feel that quality product is fly the plane land soft and thank them for flying U.S. Airways, because as an express carrier no one cares who you are.