View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 09:22 AM
727C47
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: C47 PIC/747-400 SIC

Originally Posted by G550Guy View Post
NetJets is an excellent place to go and retire a second time if you are 60+ and just want to fly til you die. My buddy said he had a 77 year old in his sovereign class last month.

If you need to get recurrent again or transition out of the Military it can also be a good move. I would go to NJ over a regional any day, unless I needed TPIC time.

DO NOT GO TO NETJETS IF YOU NEED TURBINE PIC TIME.

That being said.... I wouldn't bank on long term employment OR building a nice retirement as compared to what you can get with a 121 carrier.

With almost 13 years in... I left in Oct. and took the $158,000 in buyout money and went to UPS. To date, we have hired 6 NJ pilots and more are interviewing.

Companies like mine see the value in NetJets pilots because they work their @ss off doing EVERYTHING plus flying the plane. It's also a Part 121 training program which means they are familiar with the books and flows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's right about TPIC time, it will take awhile to get it here, I'm gratified that UPS appreciates our guys, and that United , and other legacies do too, it says a lot about the quality of the guys and girls who fly here. Cheers G550, I'm still a freightdog at heart ❤️