Thread: Planesense
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 07:45 AM
AlexBlakeCFI
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2015

Originally Posted by Tpauly View Post
How's training going for you? You were in February class right?
Finished ground school last Thursday! Off to the sims this coming Friday. We had a really good group of people, but we all seem to be pretty worried about Dallas. They make it seem pretty rough.

Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
A new FO will fly 40-50 hrs per month.

As long as you have the required time to get an ATP, a regional airline will have no problems with you coming from PS. You may have an easier time in training since PS has a structured and standardized training program and operating procedures.

You will build time faster as a CFI.
That's all pretty relative. Depending on where you instruct, time might come quickly or not at all. Do what makes you happier.

Originally Posted by Accordion View Post
The Regionals are demolishing the pilot ranks here at PSI. They have no issue with taking a PC12FO and training them on an RJ.

My opinion would be to stay away if you're close to 1500. PSI will lock you into an 18 month contract. Sure you can pay it off and leave like many have, but if you can avoid that mess I would. I have seen applications that ask, "Have you ever not fulfilled a training contract?"

On the opposite side of things, if you have 500 hrs and don't want to instruct anymore 18 months will put you around 1500hrs. So you can fulfill the contract and go to Endeavor like everyone else.
Took a good hard look at what life is like in the regionals before you jump into it. The PlaneSense QOL in my opinion seems like a much better deal. Although the regionals are flashing a lot of money around, the QOL is crap.