Thread: What's happening at Horizon and Jets?

flyinpigg , 03-06-2017 12:12 PM
Line Holder
flyinpigg
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    Sep 2007
  • Position
    I don't know???
Quote: Let me splain it to you. AAG was on the hook for leases on the airplanes and had to find someone to take them over. Twenty is the number. Two went to South Africa, one went to India and twelve were leased by SkyWest Inc. to be flown by either SkyWest or ExpressJet for Delta. At some point AAG asked SkyWest what rates OO charged. SkyWest gave AAG a quote, which was about 20% lower than Horizon cost. AAG determined that at those rates the airplanes would be profitable. The last five QX CRJ's were then assigned to OO on a five year contract, the duration of AAG's leases. AAG was very pleased with OO's performance and the contract was extended, and expanded. The two aircraft that had gone to S. Africa were brought back to be flown by OO. We also purchase an additional aircraft from Lufthansa to fly for Alaska.

OO did not under bid QX to win the flying. QX could not operate them profitably, they were leaving QX, period. QX was not going to continue to fly those aircraft under any circumstances. End of story.
So that was a long winded way of saying I was right? SkyWest is flying almost all if not all of Horizon's former CRJ's???