View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 07:26 AM
Bluedriver
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt

Originally Posted by pilotpayne View Post
That's funny my post died at the end because I wasn't going to post it(I didn't want to start my day with bluedriver screaming at me). Guess I hit the wrong button.

With that said he is a CFO that's what they say. Not making an excuse but his job is to control costs so it wasn't a huge surprise. Delta just talked about their costs going up.(and our stock along with others took a dive)

Again I'll say it fill out the apps get the interview and the job offer and than decide. You never know what will happen. I thought AWAC was dead with no chance, now they have 5 more years and the great guys over there have a shot a getting on with United.

This industry turns on a dime, I have a feeling we will know the direction of JetBlue by the fall. They need to decide about the 321lr and what to do with the 190s. To me it seems like we are trying to get the airline in great financial shape paying down debt and getting ready for more growth. But that is me. Others will tell you something totally different. Like I told ATR in a PM. I hate sitting in the left seat and hearing a guy say he wants to leave ASAP it shouldn't be that way and I hope one day it isn't.
I don't scream at you Joe. Just want you and the bluebelles to put away your blue pom poms until (don't know if or when) management changes their policy of compensation 30-40% below our peers at a time when we have industry leading profit margins.

I don't think that is unreasonable.

For those considering JB, honestly, we are now relatively slow growing, have no pilot retirements, have very bad health insurance, sub-par retirement contributions, very bad/non-existent work rules, fly a metric crap-ton of red-eyes and pay rates that are a fraction of the current market rates.

This is NOT the place to be right now. Will it all get better? Maybe, maybe not! The executives are fighting hard to keep things the way they are right now, so you have been warned.