View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 12:30 PM
Whiplash6
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Originally Posted by Prim40 View Post
Guys, Ive been following this thread for like 4 years now and one of my only times posting. I would really like an unbiased opinion of whats going on and if its worth it to make this jump to Atlas. I was offered the test (havent taken it yet). Ive also done my due diligence. Its just so crazy to me to see the change in the group just from 3 years ago to now. I always have had my eyes on Atlas but now reading all this from posters on here Im really having second thoughts. I understand all the frustration and I would really like to make a sound decision as this would be a big move if I made it through the process. Im a regional 121 captain. I for the most part understand the pay and lifestyle deal with Atlas. My big question is are the doors really coming off the company? Are furloughs in the future potentially? Will everything come to a halt? I noticed theres a big movement from guys on here to not get new hires to come and painting this really lousy picture. Is it really that bad? Is it really because they are looking out for the new guy or are they trying to get one over on managment so they cant staff and have to come to the table? I understand all of it. I feel the frustration for the group but this is something ive been mulling over. Its a bummer Atlas was always one of the places at the top of my list. I mean hes got the world on his shoulders on the tail of the plane...with the call sign Giant! Thats pretty bada**. Anyway any advice looking at both sides would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
Things are bad with no end in sight. It's not just that the company wants to dictate to us every item in a joint cba without the pilots negotiating or having a say on any of it (and they are willing to litigate in months long court battles to do it). It's also that they are vindictive. You can forget about having requests approved by scheduling or the travel department. "You want good catering?? We can make it worse.. see?? Eat this".. "You want a contractually compliant hotel? Ok stay in this dump. It meets all the parameters.. bed bugs and keyless door entry included"

Although we as pilots make up 70% of the workforce, we are treated as indentures servants. Stick your head up while on probation and whack, you're fired! There has been a directive from the top brass to make today's workday worse than the last. To wear us down. It's a slow agonizing torture and it's intentional. Depending on what regional you work for you would know the feeling. Skywest excluded, of course.

But does anyone really take advice these days?

Last edited by Whiplash6; 03-07-2017 at 12:42 PM.