Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 08:45 PM
frmrbuffdrvr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
I am not talking smack when I say this, but my guess is that anyone that has any ounce of carer progression is going to have a red flag on their resume. Older guys are less likely to leave for a regional or leave in general. The best candidate for AMF is somebody who isn't in the hustle to get to the next step. Training costs are either the number 1 or number 2 largest expense for a company. Lowering the cost of training by keeping people is how they are going to survive.
Originally Posted by B1900D View Post
Makes complete sense!
I don't agree with the idea of young guys having a red flag. Yes, one of the big reasons we are hiring older guys is that they will more likely stay around. But they also come in with the amount of time to be able to go direct to our type rated planes.

We still need younger, less experienced pilots to fly our PA31 and BE99 aircraft. Most older folks coming in looking for a second career are not going to want to go into a piston or small turbine aircraft. Those are for guys looking to still build time. But since the majority of folks leave relatively quickly from those planes, we still need to staff our typed planes. Hence the older mean age of our new hire classes.

We know younger pilots are going to move on fairly quickly. That's a fact of life. But we WOULD like to hire folks are willing to commit to stay at LEAST long enough for us to recoup our cost to train you. So if you aren't willing to stay at least that long (6 months to one year) why would AMF want to hire you?

Our reason for being in business is NOT to provide young pilots a way to build their careers. That is a byproduct of our operation. And we do want to make pilots who come here the very best pilots they can be. We do that to make our business more efficient and profitable. That is why we simply ask that if you come here, you stay long enough to make it worth our while to hire you.