View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 08:10 PM
Avroman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: FIRE ALPA

Originally Posted by block30 View Post
I'll put on the dunce cap if I deserve it; but here goes my dumb questions; Every month I bid almost exactly the same spot (captain LGA). Aren't we putting through enough captains and moving a few people off the top every month to boost relative seniority in NYC? I took a look at the other captain positions on both aircraft in NYC and it seems pretty stagnant on the captain side. Am I wrong?

http://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.cd...r=1.75&pid=1.7
Because we've hit just about bottom of those willing to go to NYC... The DTW/MSP FO's I fly with refuse to upgrade til a spot opens 'in base'.... Not happening... the SSP hiring has all but (about 10 or so left) passed all the current captains by.. there are a few that hold captain that are now the front of the FO list, but 17-01 proves those guys won't be backfilled as captains.... The captain side is now VERY stagnant in DTW and MSP as Delta chose the "less" that 50% coin flip rather than a flow and the captains that won are gone (save a few second interview guys waiting to leave) Almost every 900 captain in MSP and DTW left here is one waiting to retire from here... these positons are useless to any newhire looking to ever get to a major. You'll be there first barring another disaster.