View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 06:11 AM
HercDriver130
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 744 CA

Jeez.. whats difficult to understand. You should have an AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT certificate to fly in a commercial passenger operation. I dont think thats too much to ask. I also feel that I would have no problem with allowing exceptions for those who go thru very structured "cadet'" type programs with strict time lines and standards... ie.... if a guy is scheduled to solo at 10 hours he damn well be ready to solo plus or minus an hour or so of that mark. Same for other things. If the syllabus requires the CPL at 250 hours with "X" number of flights.. DO it.. if they can't get it done in the required time line... maybe they are not cut out to do this for a living...... The REASON I think the ATP rule is good is it allows under our CURRENT system.. those who are lets say.. not as quick to get it.. to get some experience and perhaps raise their skill levels...

Yes ..yes.. what I propose would be akin to old style military training programs...... many who could have passed didnt because they couldn't do it under the stress and timelines presented. And really.. do you want your family flying with the guys who barely got thru???

This business is NOT cut out for everybody.. hell I know guys who can fly the crap out of an airplane but put them under a stressor... and they can't keep it all together. NO system is perfect... but if you want 250 hour pilots in commercial jets I personally think we need a much much stricter training system in place.