View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 11:34 AM
FLYLOW22
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Originally Posted by kingairfun View Post
my point to you is you have to be a bit more realistic, because at this point most of what you say doesn't come across as believable because of the apparen "blinders".

Like the past 15 years....

NJA----5 yrs of furloughs and no real upgrades since roughly 2005

Legacy carriers-----depending on the airline, 5 years of furloughs but increasing pay and massive upgrade opportunities.

I have friends that were hired by Cont. In 2006 or Delta in 2008. So those carriers were certainly hiring. As well as my carrier by 2008. My firends are Captains at their Legacies, while I was furlough and forced to change directions at NJA.

NJA may grow like you say. But until they make a large a/c order or announce large hiring plans. OR UNTIL THEY START UPGRADING appreciable numbers for a long duration. What we are left with are the facts at hand. Jeylife may be very vocal over there, but some of his points are very valid.

You have discredited yourself at times. Even with Jetlife and the JFK base, trans- con commute etc etc..

I warned him about some of the pitfalls of NJA when he was applying. But like most of the Ameriflight guys I know, he thought he knew everything. But that doesnt necessarily make him wrong about some of the NJA stuff.

I'll say it again. NJA is a good company. It works well for alot of people. But someone looking at NJA vs. A Legacy should know the facts.

The view with 2017 seniority is very different than 15-20 years ago.

But isn't that the case everywhere? Things can change in an instant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk