View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 06:16 AM
AV18tor
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2017
Default Stay Corporate or Go Airline?

Hello all. I am 25 years old, graduated from a 4 year university and been flying 135 as a type rated co-pilot for the last few years. I am currently flying for a company overseas making almost 100K a year, but it really isnt very enjoyable.

I have recently started to think about planning long term for my career and what is the best direction to go. I know that I can stay corporate (which is really the kind of flying that I have always wanted to do, never wanted to be an airline pilot), but with the amount of hiring going on at the majors right now, it seems to me that if I decided to suck it up at a regional for 5 years or so, I could be at a major in my low thirties and really make alot more money over my career and have a huge retirement account.

I am not positive that I would dislike airline flying, but I dont think I would enjoy it as much as I enjoy the corporate side of flying. But I know I need to make decisions for the sake of my career and future family, and I might be in a lot better situation financially down the road.

What advice do ya'll have? I appreciate any input. Thanks