View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 05:27 AM
tantrum
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: In the schoolhouse...again!

Originally Posted by Martin404 View Post
I've got a couple questions for the Delta guys on the board...

1. How is seniority assigned? (Age or SSN)

2. What is the junior base and A/C? ( I suspect LGA)

3. How long on reserve at the junior base?

4. How long would it take to get Junior A/C in ATL?

5. Does going to an AirInc seminar helpful to getting an interview? (Had stuff in since Jan with no joy! 8500 hrs, 4 types, jet pic...)

Thanks for the help!!

Marty!

1. Last 4 of SSN with 9999 being most senior and 0000 being most junior

2. NYC is most junior...MD88 in LGA. The 737 and 767ER are based in JFK. MD88 is usually the junior aircraft, but a recent class all had 767ER, 767/757 and 737 with no MD88 spots at all, but that may just be an exception as they were very backed up in MD88 training department. So to answer your question, every class has different options and there is no way to tell which aircraft or bases will be offered to your class until day one of indoc.

3. Reserve on the MD88 in LGA may only be a couple months depending on how fast those above you are moving out of there to get to the base they wanted.

4. You would be able to hold ATL on the next advanced entitlement bid (system bid). They have these whenever there is a need, so I couldn't tell you how often they would happen, but recently it's been pretty often. We're hearing the next one would be in November. After the system bid, it would be anywhere from 1 to 6 months to be converted to your new aircraft/new base.

5. Sure it would help. Any face time you can get with the recruiters is better than any amount of time you sit on a computer database!