View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 10:33 AM
flyguydanny
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Originally Posted by Mesabah View Post
Delta is open to flow based on a bunch of conditions; College degree being the sticking point. The only reason we had the SSP, and not something better, is because the MEC wanted people without the degree to get a chance. Thus the vault letter.

Even if we get a flow, there will not be much movement off the top.

Yeah... I just don't get that. In my opinion having a degree doesn't make you a better pilot. We have plenty of pilots here who are great guys and highly intelligent who do not have degrees.

Bottom line is, whether Delta likes it or not, we have pilots here that fly Delta Passengers all day, everyday who don't have a degree, safely and efficiently. I truly hope that the MEC doesn't fall into that trap.

I am not bashing going to school and getting a degree. I actually think it's a great thing! However, a lot of people don't go to college not because they are incapable, but more so on the line of not being able to afford it, along with not wanting to get into life long debt.

Some may argue that the debt is worth getting into when you are going to be working for Delta. However, as of right now a guaranteed defined career path to Delta isn't there.

Again, before this whole forum burns to dust because of this degree thing. I am for getting a degree to better yourself, however I just don't agree that it makes you a better aviator, and it shouldn't be a determining factor whether you are able to have a position with Delta as a pilot.