Thread: Mesa 3.0
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 12:11 PM
No Land 3
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by deltajuliet View Post
I think ACMI would be great if you're single, but 2 weeks away from the family is too long. Home basing would be amazing, and while you can get that sort of thing at a place like Netjets as well, your W2 will never be what it could've been.
This is the other point that regional pilots simply do not understand. Everyone wants to go to Spirit for their four days off between trips...
Do you have any idea how nice it is to have all of your days off in a row? Every time you come home, it's like a vacation. You work the first half of one month, and the second half of the following month, you get a month off, and you haven't even touched your vacation time. Theres pilots here who don't even use vacation because they don't feel a need for it. I am married, I have kids. When daddy comes home, we have quality time together, we can do stuff. I'm not stressed out and cranky on the last day at home because I have a paid ticket to go to work. I don't have to go early for multiple chances, and all that garbage. I don't have to pay for a hotel room ever, nor for transportation. No crash pads. This goes back to my point that regional pilots want to stick to what they are used to. Let go, broaden your view, you might be much happier.
Your W2? Fourth year CA pay to first year here is a pay increase. One of the CA's I flew with made 280k last year. Thats old contract...
I don't know about you, but making six figures where I live is pretty comfortable living. At the absolute minimum, without perdiem, first year is 6000 a month. In the busy months, you can make closer to 10k, maybe 15. I know some guys that had 140 hour months.
Your W2 will suffer if you stay at YV waiting for that call from Delta.