View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 03:16 AM
AV18tor
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Thanks everyone for your input. One of the main reasons I have thrown out the airlines in the past has been because paying your dues in the regionals which previously meant making 30K a year and commuting and having a crash pad in LGA. I have zero desire to do that. But, I live in Dallas, and have all the credentials to get get hired at Envoy, so I could fly out of home base, and have a flow to AA as an insurance policy. Thinking I could be at a major in 5 years if everything holds as it is now.

Really my biggest setback from making the decision is the fact that I think I will be really bored flying the airline routes, not have any sort of challenge, and well just have a "regular" job schedule. I am used to having long stretches of time off where I can do whatever I want, and then go back to work for long stretches. Not having the ability to look ahead and know that I will have a week off to go on a motorcycle trip, or go to the mountains, or on a fishing trip because I only have 3 or 4 days off at a time makes me hesitant. Granted, I know nothing about airline schedules, or how you bid lines and how long it takes until you have a good say in your schedule. But I guess my point is, I am thinking that if I make the decision to go airline because of long term stability and pay, I will be giving up QOL that I will have staying corporate.