View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 11:46 AM
Iceberg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by Mesabah View Post
Of course life is not fair, and companies can do what they want. It doesn't make it a good thing to force people into crippling debt, for no other reason, than HR is out of control.
Crippling, huh? What's an online degree cost these days? I know of flight attendants who managed to deal with this "crippling" financial burden. We all know what they make, substantially less than you or any other pilot. I hear what you are saying, a degree doesn't necessarily make you better at your job. But it shows you have the ability and willpower to sit down and learn something. I can completely understand that a company would want to see that before laying down a bunch of money for training.

Maybe you or someone you know didn't get a desired job, and maybe it was the lack of a degree that caused it. (Maybe it was attitude.)

The fact is, the company decides what their requirements are and it's up to the applicant to meet them. Whether you find that "fair" doesn't matter. It isn't discrimination, it's the company's preference. Some companies want a degree, others don't. It just seems to be the higher paying ones that want it.