Old 03-23-2017, 03:43 AM
HercDriver130
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 744 CA

First, we should ALL be learning EVERY time we fly. but I digress.....the reality is in general.... 250-300 hour pilots shouldn't be in the right seat of a commercial airliner. YES there are exceptions, life's not fair. I would be willing to give reduced our minimums to guys like the R-ATP that go thru stringent training programs.. I mean programs where at some point the instructors or staff have the balls to say... NO.. you just can't hack it a this level with your experience and fail them and wash them out. Problem is its a for profit system and guys are going to go to a program like that. I guess what I mean.. is..there HAS to be a chance of total failure because you can't perform at a certain level. I once was visiting a friend at a local airport who owned a flight school, one of his students was taxiing out for his Solo.....41 hours.. FORTY ONE freaking hours to solo a 172.... I dont want that guy flying commercial airliners. the system will find a balance pay is coming up... and will continue to do so most likely. The industry will adapt. CADET style programs like Lufthansa has used for decades are probably coming at some point.... run effectively ...with REAL threat of failure... and they will succeed.