View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 07:04 AM
Akutan Bandit
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: B200

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Hi, there!

We do have an 18/12 schedule if you are home-based.
But if you live near one of our bases (non home based), it's more like 5/2.

I haven't heard of a 2/2 and hope that none of our recruiters are advertising that.

Let me know if you have any questions! We'd love to have you apply!

Best regards!
I can assure you that folks are being told 2/2 applies to home basing. With a recent Metro new-hire I know when the truth came out during training, after some back and forth, it contributed to that person leaving before IOE. I'm also familiar with another older fella who is an attorney and was told that his schedule would be 2/2, so I'm waiting to hear how he takes the deception once it comes to light. Both these guys have other job offers out there with higher base salaries. It was the home basing schedule that enticed them.

With regard to 5/2, those of you with wives or families should know that Ameriflight is in ever hopeful mode with the mention of a full-weekend off. Their customers demand, generally speaking, Saturday delivery, and a schedule of 6/1 is what you get with only one full day off per week. So what 5/2 really means is you get Saturday afternoon off and Monday morning off, but you will usually fly until mid-day Saturday and show for your Monday night too. That maybe more than anything helps the company have high-turnover. Most normal folks find that untenable after a year or so as older people have families that they miss every night and most young guys want a block of time off to travel or whatever. Two of the guys at the base nearest me are in the process of leaving due to never getting the time off they need, one for family issues and one for block time off issues. These are both low-time guys who loved the job for about 6 months but got rapidly disgruntled regarding schedule.

I'd think that if you really want your flight time belly scratched by Ameriflight then just go in with your eyes open and ask some questions regarding schedule and maybe get something in writing.

Last edited by Akutan Bandit; 03-24-2017 at 07:10 AM. Reason: content add