View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 05:48 PM
PhoenixFlood
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: ERJ-170 FO

Originally Posted by The dude View Post
Sorry to hear about your accident. I hate to be the one to bring this up, but your disability could possibly prevent you from accomplishing some required items. In the ERJ for example there are several controls on the yoke such as the Autopilot disconnect, TCS, Primary Trim switch, and more importantly the steering disconnect trigger. Two of which are included in several memory items such as uncontrollable aircraft swerving, pitch trim runaways, etc....

I surely wish you luck, but you should look into these items before investing too much in an airline career.

You have my respect and I hope everything works out for you.
Yeah, I realize that there are many things in the yoke. I have flown right seat in a Lear that has many of those things you mentioned above on the right side of the copilots yoke. Those aren't an issue. I just simply brace the yoke up higher, and move my thumb to said switchs, OR, just simply throw my left hand over there quickly and hit said switch.

As fas researching an airline career before investing, yeah, I was already on my way untill this happen to me six years ago. I was at 1100 TT back then when the regionals would laugh at you with 1200 and 200 multi.