View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 07:14 AM
badflaps
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: retired 767(dl)

Originally Posted by TED74 View Post
Funny stuff.

"Hey honey, to honor you, I'd like us to go to a dinner in honor of me and my new job."

To each their own. If your significant other doesn't mind two days of airline travel to drink some company Kool Aid and enjoy the paid-for hotel (before you start paying yourself), you know you picked the right career. Some of us have spouses who might prefer a child-free night at home bingeing on Netflix with a pint or two of Ben and Jerry's. For the OP, if a babysitter is easy and doesn't stress a new mom out, go for it. If it doesn't work out, I'm not sure it'll be a huge loss. Time spent with a 4 month old won't be wasted. I would echo the opinion not to take a baby.

If Delta really wanted to honor my wife, they would allow the use of family leave, and not just in states that require them to do so. Some pre-emptive false gratitude wouldn't get much mileage for our family. Others loved it and got cool pics for Facebook.

Not a hater...just keepin it real, folks. The honeymoon phase will end for some when they figure out that they are just a cog in a massive blue collar workforce. The company doesn't have your back and neither does the CPO (ask the captains you fly with about their experiences). If anyone has your back, it's your LEC (YMMV). It ain't romantic, but it's been true for me.

Welcome aboard!?
I know of 3500 "Widgeteers" that spin out at the mere mention of Mecca.