View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 10:06 AM
Windsor
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Zee Airboos

I'm on first year pay. I have a family of 5. I knew full well what I was getting into financially. Do my sub $1000 checks suck? Absolutely. But I'm not complaining about it, because it is what it is. I was asked multiple times by multiple people if I knew and understand how low 1st year pay is. The interviewers, the runners, JP, Stephanie, the whole interview gang had mentioned it at one point or another. There was zero hiding that fact.
I am not disappointed in F9 in the least bit. It was exactly what I expected. I had low expectations for the pay and high expectations for the pilot group. That's what I've gotten so far.
The low pay will be fixed in the new contract. It absolutely has to in order for F9 to survive in the future. The well of applicants is running dry. $$ will be the only way to fix it. Any pilot with half a brain should realize that if they are not hired in 2017, upgrade will simply not happen at F9. If you are going to be a career FO, the pay rates and work rules had better be outstanding. If not, good luck filling those seats in this hiring boom.
For those new hires that are disappointed, chillax. It'll get better. It always does.