View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 04:37 PM
PotatoChip
Layover Master

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated

Originally Posted by Pakagecheck View Post
I get that April 10th seems really far away but realize that for the people that are setting this expo up, this isn't the 1st priority in their job description and the company didn't hire anyone who's sole job is to do this. This is an additional duty for a great number of people and since its the first of it's kind, there will be bumps in the road. The company has also asked for volunteers from the crew force to help out. So the volunteers who will be assisting with this program don't even know yet if they are helping.

So my friendly recommendation is, bid for the 3rd off. Then if by some unfortunate event, yours wasn't in fast enough and the time off doesn't work for you, hopefully you could manipulate your schedule. thats much better than NOT getting the dates off and then getting an invite. It does say on or before April 10th so hopefully it will be
before for you all.

Pakage
Thanks. I appreciate the advice. (Sincerely).

They could have made it either immediate like DL and SW did, or they could have made it before most bids close. That said, you're right, it likely wasn't their first priority, and I appreciate they are doing this.
That said, a lot of pilots are either going to have to call out sick for this, bid off in the hopes it works out, or just no show and waste a slot.

Still hoping I get a ticket, and hopeful I get the days off.