Thread: TPIC rumor
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 11:40 AM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by JDFlyer View Post
I absolutely believe the information on new hires for next year. I also have heard directly from the training center that the 780 number for this year is limited by the capacity of our old training center that is going away this late summer/fall.

Once the new training center is fully functional later this year it will increase training and recurrent/AQP capacity by the number you mentioned, to accomodate 1000 new hires - and we will be maxing it out next year.

As for the TPIC requirement I have no idea. But I do believe a new age 67 retirement ruling is coming fairly quickly.

I am sure our line captains will just love flying with the newbies with no TPIC experience. They already complain as it is for not getting IOE pay for salvaging the new hire shenanigans coming from the right seat.

(No offense to the newbies, we were all there once.)
With SWA's manning levels and given the planned attrition this amount of hiring will require around 130 new airframes over the next 21 month assuming no airframe retirements. This is almost triple the last cooperate guidance on growth at SWA. Has their been a major change in the fleet plan?