Thread: PSA "Latest & Greatest"

Quarryman , 03-29-2017 01:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off
Quarryman
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2015
Quote: Do you or do you know anyone that commutes from the West Coast? If so, how bad is the QOL and is it worth it? It seems like no matter which regional I pick, I'm going to have to commute out of Seattle for a while unless I go to Horizon, and that airline seems to be imploding.
It will be great when you get a R1 Line and are able to SAP away trips. If you can only fly three trips a month and have a string of days off to do non-flying related work or just take time off then you've got a good thing going. Reserve will suck. Commuting to reserve will suck worse. Being thrown around at the whims of inept schedulers makes you reconsider why you even decided to play this game.

Now, mind you, all regionals have this QOL problem while on reserve. PSA has a way to make it better once you get a round one line. Pick a base that gets you a round one line the fastest. There are several who commute from out West, myself included. Without SAP, this would be intolerable long term. By no means am I a cheerleader for this place or any other regional. In fact, I'd encourage you to bypass the regionals if at all possible. However, if you must do your time in a regional, the SAP is a great QOL tool.