Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 09:41 AM
pilotpayne
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: 190 captain and “Pro-pilot”

Originally Posted by atrdriver View Post
I had high hopes when I saw a long thought out post from you... but then I read your rationalization that this is a tier two airline so really we should just manage our expectations. Really??

Look, I came here knowing we were in negotiations and there was a long way to go. I understood the work rules weren't the best. I read up on the "benefits." But you can't FULLY comprehend how bad the work rules are until you experience them yourself. It's astounding how poor the work rules are here.

I came here optimistic that we'd negotiate a solid industry leading contract, and I still expect that. I didn't expect that working conditions would devolve on a monthly basis right from the start. Thank you for the lecture, however. I'm sure that gave the readers at LSC and OSC the warm and fuzzies.

And yes, I'm also aware every other airline has issues. I was aware of the constant IROP debacles here. I'm also aware maintenance has taken a SERIOUS turn for the worse here in the past four months or so (which honestly deserves a thread of its own). Instead of rationalizing, we should strive to be better.

Honestly I'm just floored at how quickly things keep getting worse here. Very hopeful this ship gets turned around ASAP because I'd rather not leave.

No I didn't say manage your expectations I said know what you are getting into. You say you didn't expect working conditions to devolve on a monthly basis but I just pointed out that they have been trending that way since I have been here. When I say tier 2 (I am not talking pay)unless things really change I don't see us buying huge fleets of 777s or being able to fly all around the world. We don't have a massive retirement wave and so on. I assume we will have an industry competive cba with really good stuff in it but we will never be the size or have the route networks of the big guys any time soon. So to me that is a tier 2 airline.
It's not a lecture so much as guys that are very new here suddenly shocked and blaming management because they trusted them.

Dude it's like any social experiment we are all equal until we are not

Heck go read animal farm

All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others

Welcome to JetBlue

I'm just saying that history would have told you what you just discovered. That in the end it's all talking points and BS. Does that make it right.....no should it be better.....yes but right now that is what it is and why we (as you know)are fighting for a great first contract.

Last edited by pilotpayne; 03-30-2017 at 09:59 AM.