Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 04:06 PM
pilotpayne
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: 190 captain and “Pro-pilot”

Originally Posted by aewanabe View Post
Payne, you're a smart guy. You keep purposefully ignoring points that have nothing to do with our first CBA or lack of wide bodies.

Guys come here from a regional, and the word is probably out at this point that we have subpar benefits, zero work rules, and hotel quality that is mixed to be generous.

The incompetence in LSC and its effect on what we are paid for, flying the jet safely and comfortably from A to B, is the thing I'd expect to be jarring to a newhire, and you can't see that reading an airline profile on APC.

MCC pushing pilots to fly jets that are broken or have just plain incorrect MELs. Contract techs in outstations telling you that your MX is worse than Allegiant and the large regionals. A maintenance budget that has been cut by 25 million while we literally fly the paint off the jets. Skeleton staffing in LSC resulting in time-critical ACARS messages or phone calls to MCC going unanswered. Gate agents under so much pressure to get the "on time" that they are closing the door in revenue and non-revenue passengers' faces 20 prior to departure with the next flight 6 HOURS later. Guys getting their travel privileges pulled for not watching a middle-school level insulting video about cabin cleaning.

All of the above are actual, real life examples of things happening right here and right now at bluejet. They don't have a damn thing to do with allegedly being a tier 2 airline that's "only" 17 years old, and most of them weren't happening at the crappy regional I left 10 years ago. Yet posters such as Southerner jump on and claim it's my "massive ego", or that the guys pointing these things out have an "axe to grind". If you think this level of buffoonery is typical at the established majors you're incorrect.

Oh no I even said that 10 years ago it was known that JetBlue was behind on pay. How much was a 190 guy paid again?
I am not ignoring anything, have you seen me defend the company on mx issues?

But I guess you are right about otp we must be the only ones

Pilots? Union Says American Airlines Is Leaving Standby Passengers Behind « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Other problems

http://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/n...t-baggage.html

United Airlines: Widespread computer problem delays travelers for hours - Oct. 14, 2016

That is just a 5 second search.

I am not saying it is acceptable for JetBlue to have these issues what I am saying is we are not the only ones. If you go read some guys posts both here and on bluepilots they act like we are the only airline that has issues and you know that is not true. Your example of gate agents shutting the door is perfect, reference the above article on American.

The other huge mistake imo is having LSC in NYC. That money does not go far there. If it were me we would leave the marketing team there and move everything else to Orlando where we would probably get more bang for our buck.
I have said before they need to stop "playing" airline. The rest I think you need to take up with southerner.

Last edited by pilotpayne; 03-30-2017 at 04:46 PM.