Thread: Leave Netjets?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 07:22 AM
GeeWizDriver
Speed, Power, Accuracy

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: PIC

Originally Posted by flightbag View Post
I several have friends at the majors, and I know a couple of NetJets pilots.

I'm beginning to think the NJ guys like to tell tall stories. One NetJets guy told me he knows a Phenom training Captain who makes a base pay of $229,000.00 per year plus at least 10% over that with all the extra pay they get. He also said he gets 28 actual days of vacation per year. And he doesn't commute.

Sorry folks, I have to throw the BS flag on that one. No company is going to pay a Phenom pilot that kind of dough. Not even half that much.
Believe it or not, if he is on the "CC76" schedule with the "Long Tour" option AND he's a training captain, yes, he really is making that much.

10% in "soft money" of holidays, day 1 overtime, over 12 duty overtime, and "after midnight" pay is quoted as the average. However, last year I only made 6% in soft money and I'm on a large cabin international fleet that theoretically should earn more overtime. At least, if you're a Bubba.

As to the OP, depends on your age, where you live, what kind of equipment you want to fly, and what kind of work lifestyle you want to lead. Only you can answer those questions. And we're probably the LAST people you should be asking...

But good luck regardless.

Last edited by GeeWizDriver; 04-01-2017 at 07:35 AM.