Old 04-01-2017, 11:14 AM
tattooguy21
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: military rotary wing, dual seat

Originally Posted by Poser765 View Post
Sell me on it!
Originally Posted by FlightDirector View Post
Also are there any good programs for tracking expenses on the road?
If you own apple, then from ALMOST everything I've heard ltp is great. The below is the exception. I don't own a single apple device, nor do I use software that's proprietary (I'm a tech guy, so I'm just not diem with that type of thing.)

The additional problem with LTP, and these aren't my words, but those of a female pilot in my company......

She said LTP was the best she had ever used, but between 2011-2014 they charged her over $400 for upgrades to their software, not to mention that the last charge came with a note that they were discontinuing support of all previous versions (that she had purchased 5 months prior) if the new purchase wasn't made.

They have over 300 airlines mcc is paired to, meaning you can download your scheduled pairings/schedule aka, it'll literally log your time for you.

So on your phone, when you're due to fly, it pulls up the appropriate notams, wx, etc for all the places I'm flying to/through.

Going through training? As soon as you've passed that check/qualification ride, have the ip/cfi/cfii sign your phone/digital log entry.

It also tracks per diem and other travel expenditures.

Reports as broad or specific as you want. Case in point of a search I did, just cause...all ME RW flights over 25NM on Tuesdays of odd months for 2012-2015 (obviously unnecessary, but to prove the power of the software, and I'm sure you could figure some search formats that would be beneficial.)

These are the reasons that I'm an mccpilot guy.