View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 11:47 AM
prex8390
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by APMechXJ View Post
"the uneducated word of mx"... thanks for the kind words and opinion of the maintenance group that supports your aircraft.. be sure to know I will spread your thoughts amongst the rest of us uneducated dumb****s in mx... I have 30 years in maintenance.. 6 years in military aviation... Operation Just Cause/Operation Desert Storm.. .. years in General Aviation.. and 20 years at Express I/Mesaba/Pinnacle/Endeavor... and many of my uneducated fellow AMTs have similar if not more distinguished resumes... you are entitled to your opinion as uneducated as yours may be.. You should be moved right to the front of the SSP line and take that attitude to mainline.. you would fit right in.. Good day sir
Thought the same thing, I'm a pilot not a robot, if I'm not mistaken, a button is meant it be pressed in and out, as if it was made that way with a purpose, I know that idiots are strong up at Bombardier, but I think they got it right with the way they built it, sometimes you gotta think outside the box of books or an lca, it's been working fine pushing it in and out. So when it does, and someone knows the airplane a lot better than a pilot, like a mechanic as much as people wanna s--- on them; they very smart people who know a heck of a lot more about the ins and outs of the mechanical side of your craft, I'll be wise to listen instead of going off some training department expirament. I was taught to never use thrust reverser above idle at awac unless it's a emergency for stopping power. I knew that wouldn't always work and said hogwash to myself about it. Try landing 26 in PHL going off what a book or LCA says about the TRs and see how it works out. Do what you think is best and safest practice. Can't believe there is 3 pages about whether or not to push a Button in or out. APmechxj, thanks for keeping our airplanes safe, as I stated earlier, I have to utmost respect for a&p's. Through my dad I've seen the hard work and dedication they put in to their work. there are too many people out here that like to ride on their high horse becuase ones salary is higher than another.

Last edited by prex8390; 04-02-2017 at 11:59 AM.