View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 04:55 PM
at6d
Strike averted!

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: B737

Originally Posted by Doc1010 View Post
So I've been trying for SWA for a couple years, but really drilled them down as my numero uno a year ago and am curious what course may increase my chances. I meet and exceed all of the mins. I have a perfectly clean record, both aviation and personal. I have a bachelor's outside of aviation. I also went to the September 2016 open house and it went just fine. All of my flight time is civilian time flying corporate, no 121 time and just a small handful of 135.
Presently, I'm flying a large cabin corporate jet, both domestic and international, but only logging SIC (PIC Typed but not signing the part 91 docs or flight plan on my legs). Previously, I was a Citation PIC.
I'm in the conundrum of what to do to raise SWA's awareness of me. I'm just shy of 5,000TT so I'm wondering if that's the major issue.
Would I be better off logging more TPIC? I don't fly more than 325 hours per year so it's not building very quickly. I have the option of joining the 135 world as a Citation PIC and would certainly fly more than I am currently, but I'm not sure if that's the right missing piece. There's not much of a chance to upgrade at the current place for a number of years hence the thought of working the tail off for a few years at 135.
Any thoughts on the civilian picture for SWA hiring? Thanks for any thoughts!
Make sure you update regularly.

Have your resume looked at by someone who knows what to look for as far as formatting or grammar.

Are you a check airman?
Are you a manager of anything?

Are you a community volunteer?

Letters of recommendation uploaded?

Any internals?

737 type?