View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 05:31 PM
eraualex
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Default Possible charge of Misdemeanor at MSP

Today, between flight at MSP, I was given the riot act. I went to the approved smoking section at the airport near gate C22 to have a smoke break between flight. My flight had come in to a gate near C22 and my next flight was leaving from a gate nearer to C22. I was approached by a ramp employee who asked me where my SIDA badge was. i explained that I was taking a break and that I would leave in two minutes. he accepted my story and told me to leave the area as soon and quick as possible. I made the mistake of taking the shortest route off the ramp area and went up a jetway. I was stopped by a second employee who challenged me, and I explained to him the story. He proceeded in calling up his supervisor by radio and his supervisor told him to grant me access and get me off the ramp. As I was in the Jetway, the first ramp employee stopped me and took me back down to the ramp and then proceeded to call his manager. the manager arrived and proceeded to give me a dressing down that I have not seen even in basic training. I was then informed by said manager that I would be spending the next 4 hours at the airport police office explaining. Airport police arrived at the scene, asked me a few questions, and I proceeded to explain to him what had happened. he took down my employee number, DL number and told me that he would kick this up his chain of command and let his boss decide what happens next. I was then informed that I could be charged with a misdemeanor and possibly have to appear in court. Compared to alcohol and drug offenses, how serious is this and what could the ramifications be in future job searches?
Thanks for your time