View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 04:42 PM
Judge Smails
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: A320

Originally Posted by Super EZ E View Post
Clearly the Uniform needs a rethink. The bomber jacket is faux pas. White collar job sporting the "leather jacket'? Talking about people laughing? My god the leather jacket is for a 12 year kid not an Airline pilot. Get a neon sign that "airline dork"! The lanyard is a great idea with the wrong message. Passengers ask "Discount Pilot?". The passengers don't get it and have the attention span 2 year old. Sorry not doing it. Rather freeze than wear a bomber jacket!! Sorry the truth hurts.
Lemme guess...you're FLL based? You definitely fit the profile. Yeah, I wear the bomber jacket because the blazer is completely inadequate in a northern base in the middle of December, January, February and March. I wore it at my regional, where it was also approved, and I'll continue to wear it. I'd rather wear the approved leather jacket than look like some schmuck walking around in a North Face. THAT looks unprofessional. Using your logic, the pilots at AA, JB, SWA, Alaska, Hawaiian, UPS, Fedex and I'm sure I'm missing a couple more are all unprofessional too.

Regardless of your opinion of the lanyard, you're a douchebag for not wearing it. Sorry the truth hurts. It's a symbol of unity with your coworkers and not wearing it undermines what we are all trying to collectively accomplish.

Oh, and faux pas is not the term you were looking for. The other appropriate French word would be passé.

Last edited by Judge Smails; 04-05-2017 at 04:55 PM.