View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 04:52 PM
Hidy Ho
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2017

**NEWS FLASH***

Horizon CEO Dave Campbell announced today that in conjunction with vendors at SeaTac, he has secured a way to dramatically boost pilot pay under the “Work while U Wait” program. CEO Campbell acknowledged that for decades Horizon has had their flight crews wait 2-6hrs many evenings per week between their turns for the day and their last leg out of Seattle. “During this time crews earn $1.80/hr under per diem, while lounging around the airport, and often complaining that they are grossly underutilized.” Says Campbell.

Well not anymore…Campbell has secured temp employment at SeaTac Qdoba at $10/hr for any pilot. Payroll will be seamless, and they don’t need to take off their uniform, just throw on an apron. “Will someone please tell me where in the world you can make 500% more money per hour?” says Campbell. “We never expected our pilots to live off our wages, NEVER, and this opportunity gets them that much closer, plus they get a free burrito, and Horizon saves by not having to pay them per diem when they work at Qdoba!”

Qdoba co-worker, Cindy Snow, a recent GED grad and tenant at Tacoma Narcotics Recovery House says “it’s just so cool to be working with these pilots shoulder-to-shoulder, they’re just so smart with all their training about jets, and here they are working with burritos just like me.” First Officer Kool-Aid says, “I love flying for Alaska Airlines ‘proudly operated by Horizon Air’ and I love working with my co-workers for 5 legs for 4:40 of credit, and now I am making 500% more money than just sitting around in the crew room. Thanks Dave for your superb leadership in building a great future for all of us at Horizon, next time you’re in line at Qdoba I’m going to slip you an extra lump of guacamole!”