Thread: CommutAir Rumors and Info

HercDiver , 04-06-2017 09:14 AM
Line Holder
HercDiver
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2015
Quote: It is hard to describe how bad morale is here right now compared to what it was just 9 months ago. People looking at making lateral moves speaks volumes. The only transparency that exists is for pay and it works out decently. The payroll administrator seems to do his best to ensure accuracy but isn't always correct.

Among other things, there is zero transparency on the CPP and nobody knows what to expect. For round 2 of Hogan exams next year, will the senior people get into the program and push down those already in the program?

The company purposefully hides information about the flow of aircraft and scheduling tries to screw pilots at every turn. The extent to which pilots are required to "know the contract" and fight for everything is asinine. People are tired of fighting. Tired of being junior manned into working on days off. Tired of missing out on nights home with their families over unplanned company BS. Everything is adversarial now. There isn't enough muscle in scheduling or pilot staffing to keep this train wreck going. Why on earth would anyone want to work in scheduling? There simply aren't enough of them to handle the amount of pilots on property.

Reserve rules are virtually non-existent. They used to allow people to "trade" hotel rooms and donate them to one another which had a positive impact on morale. Last I knew, that didn't happen any more. They try to offer 300% pay for people to pick up open time and I'm not sure that is enough to do the trick.

I get the impression that the Union is inundated with complaints and has trouble keeping up with the pilot group growth. Hopefully things get revamped on that front here soon.
The info given on the CPP clearly describes the 3 tiers of CPP seniority. If you have any concerns please contact your ALPA CPP representative. If you don't know who that is. Ask.

Morale is low because people come here expecting mainline rules and lifestyle. This is a regional. Those who are from other regionals understand. Those considering leaving C5 for another regional are in for a rude awakening if they do leave. It's best to keep the great seniority as the company continues to grow.