View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 12:54 PM
Grumble
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2009

Originally Posted by MikeF16 View Post
US Navy grounds T-45 training jet fleet following Fox News report | Fox News

I'm torn on this story. Fox points out; probably quite correctly, that additional attention has been brought to this issue because 1Lt Michael Pence flies that plane. Don't interpret this incorrectly, I'm 100% in favor of safely operating our airplane fleets. My issue is would this have been done without a high profile student in training? My guess is no -- reference (1) each F-22 mishap where O2 contamination disabled the pilot and the USAF blamed the pilot for the subsequent crash as well as the follow-on treatment of the 2 whistle-blowers who went to their congressmen and the media in the wake of the F-22's O2 problems.

Anybody who thinks we're a classless society is willingly fooling themselves. I don't doubt it's possible to move from class to class, but there are classes none the less.

EDIT:

BTW, in the name of full disclosure I am not intimately familiar with the treatment the whistle blowers received after their media appearance. I knew one of the guys in a previous life and through mutual friends I was told he was involuntarily removed from the F-22. If somebody has more accurate information I would appreciate a correction to my statement.
The IPs walking out is the story... Pence being there just gave it some legs.

Hope to see some leadership firings over this starting with CNATRA. Good on those boys.