View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 06:52 PM
PurpleToolBox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

[QUOTE=StarClipper;2337661]
Originally Posted by Pakagecheck View Post
Food for thought, over 80% of purple airplanes are wide bodies. Less than 20% of theirs is. Yes, new hires can hold it at United but if they did, they'd fill up fast. Almost every FO at FedEx can be on wide body pay second year if they want it.

Yeah but Delta has guys on property less than two years sitting in the left seat making way over 200K. So that nullifies the second wide body notion at purple.
This is only a few individuals for a limited time - until the maddog dies. Most Delta pilot careers don't work like that. Simalarly I have a buddy who has been there for almost a decade and can't touch the highest pay scale (747/777). I know one individual personally who is the two year CA at DAL. I made more money than him as a FO at FedEx and I'm not senior, but I am in a wide body. Did others make as much as me, yes and no. It all depends if you're the stay at home do nothing person or the live in Memphis and make bank person.

But the reality is, who freaking cares? Go work where you want. You're not going to starve at any major.