View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 02:37 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by eraualex View Post
that is exactly what i did. low profile, fended the blows from the managers verbal attack, apologized profusely and promised it would not happen again. the police officer even stated that he will write in his report the fact that i was calm and collected and offered no defensive or offensive attitude. i hope it goes away. in addition to the above, i do know of many collegues who are working without a sida badge because they did not renew it and dont care to do so

You need to keep being contrite and get a lawyer fast. Talk to the union if you have one.

If you get your SIDA privilege revoked, you could very well be unemployed. As sailingfun mentioned, badge is irrelevant, but you most certainly do need SIDA privileges to be a 121 pilot.

I think any future employer would be somewhat understanding since TSA regs are so confusing and contradictory. It's not like you were deliberately doing something like smuggling unauthorized items through KCM.

Assuming you don't get fired. Usually this kind of thing doesn't make it to court, but if it does the consequences can be severe to your career or wallet (the fines are large, up to five digits).