View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 11:03 AM
Car Ramrod
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: Bus FO

Originally Posted by Qotsaautopilot View Post
The legacies have strict limits on codesharing. We have unlimited codesharing. In some cases those companies are also required to add company flying equal in block hours when they add codeshare block hours. We have no limits, zero. They could literally codesharing out all future flying. All 320s in order would be sold to frontier and any future widebody flying to those doing it already or an airline that doesn't exist yet. Who knows maybe they wouldn't but the point is that they can without any limitation except to keep those of us already in the seniority list. Stagnation forever and shrink as people leave or retire.

Jetblue obviously didn't have a union and had no codesharing limitations. They codeshare with Lufthansa, Azul, Hawaiian, Emerites, cape air, and some others I think. How many jobs is that and how many widebody jobs for that matter?
No I agree, but I'm not going to get all up in a tizzy just yet because someone may take our widebody jerbs that don't exist yet. I'm more concerned about language that protects what we have (i.e. Domestic).

I'd have to see the whole package and compare to other airline contracts to make a decision on international codeshare language.

Our current contract does contain language in regards to a whipsaw. (Probably hard to win a case in court, but hey it's something...) So they would have to dance delicately if they decided to code share with frontier. Domestic codeshares are always a shat-show anyways so it won't last long. Plus your own product gets worse because: the reason for the code share is not to compliment your network, but instead to apply wage pressure. Pilots and FAs will get pi$$ed. Passengers would get ticked off...It is already confusing enough. This all adds no benefit to the shareholders. That being said, our management will probably play that card because they are a pile of overpaid egotistical morons.