Thread: custom avatar
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 07:23 PM
TonyC
Organizational Learning 

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner

Originally Posted by nmarconato View Post

Thank you. I will provide the breakdown of how many posts the users would have to get to jump from one title to another - We'll be updating the FAQ with that information soon. Stay tuned.

On a side note, I'd like to ask: isn't 500 way too many to get the custom title? At 1 post per working day, it'll take 2 years to get there....

N,

Since Airline Pilot Central was acquired by Internet Brands and not created by them (you), it is understandable that you might not appreciate the audience. First, in our industry, every day that ends in "Y" can be a workday. "Gets weekends off" actually means something in this industry. Next, 1 post per day is as easy as breathing, multiple posts per day is not unusual. 500 posts for a custom title is not way too many.

The creators of APC established the metric, and I think it's about right. I'm sure you have easy access to forum statistics and settings, and can see current usage numbers. What I find interesting and a little frustrating is the process that IB apparently has to go through for such a simple thing as publishing a switch setting. In about the same time as it took you to post, you could have said, "It takes X posts to get to the second title, and Y posts to get to the 3rd, ... , and 500 posts to get a Custom Avatar." It's almost like you accidentally shared the setting for custom title, but the first question in the thread (How many for a custom avatar?) from several weeks ago still has not been addressed.

Maybe you could answer the questions in the thread with specific numbers that you already have access to, and then work on updating the FAQs through the bureaucratic workings of IB at some point in the future.

Note, nobody asked anybody to change the settings -- they just want to know what the settings are.