Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 12:02 PM
FreightDogs
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by StartUp161WanaB View Post
Can someone correct me if I am misunderstanding this

If I get hired around 800TT they will put me in a SIC position to build my time up to 135IFR minimums
After successful completion of 135 checkride, I can hold a regular line depending on aircraft and location

Is there a training contract for this?

I also read about rotation schedule for captains, will the company pay for airline back and forth for me on the rotation?
Hi!

If you get hired into the Accelerated Captain Program, you'll come in at around 800 TT, 25 ME, 300 XC (defined as point to point), 50 night, 500 PIC, and 75 instrument.
You'll fly as an FO in a BE99 until you reach 1,000TT. You'll then upgrade to restricted Captain in a BE99 (at this point you'll hold a regular line in a specific base). Restricted = lower weather mins and additional mentoring. Once you reach 1,200TT, you'll become a regular unrestricted Captain.

There is not a training contract.

While you are an FO, you will essentially be TDYing/on a rotation schedule. Ameriflight will pay for hotel, airfare (on a hard ticket), and per diem ($35/day). Once you become a restricted or non-restricted Captain, you will hold a line. If at any point you TDY, Ameriflight will pay for hotel, airfare (on a hard ticket), and per diem ($35/day).

Hope that helps!