View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 06:05 PM
BeatNavy
Covfefe

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post

What does this mean? By next week no one is even going to remember this story. Why because nobody really cares they just need a reason to be outraged every single day so they can go to social media and denounce a situation and join a group that makes them feel included.

Life goes on in today's social media driven, instant news society......
People still remember leggings girl. They will remember bloodied man dragged off plane.

My wife has zedded once and flown on paid tix once on UA in the last year. She told me she will never fly them again, even free/discounted, as both times, she was treated badly by GAs/FAs. I was with her once when I bought the tix and was jumpseating and saw it firsthand, and her second try wasn't any better. Had a FA yell at her to move as she was taking both of our babies with her to the bathroom (dropping one off with me then trading). I was in the back row of a 73 (not seated with them), she handed me a baby, and before the transfer was complete and before we had time to finish one sentence, the FA yelled (literally) that she can't be near the galley (she was abeam the last row prior to the lav). Later, said FA barked at me (in my uniform) when I stepped in the galley out of the way to let a little girl in the bathroom with her mom (no room in the aisle to let them pass), told me to move, then yelled at the line of pax to back up. I almost wrote UA but didn't.

Anyway, for anyone who has had situations like this with UA, this will be confirmation (warranted or not) that customer service is still horrible and alternate travel plans will be made. People remember. My wife does anyway. And my dad, a UA million miler. And my brother, a former global services. They don't fly UA anymore unless they have to. I thought Munoz was going to turn UA around with respect to customer service. I have serious doubts after his handling of this, regardless of whether this guy didn't obey cabin crew/police. OM and the folks involved grossly mishandled this event.