View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 07:34 PM
Grumble
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2009

Originally Posted by BDGERJMN View Post
I'd be very interested to hear from some folks in Kingsville or Meridian on how all of this went down. While I applaud the IPs for taking a stand, the way they went about it, organizing a 'sick out' in a military squadron is just not right. Where were the COs and/or Commodore in this? Why go VFR direct to Fox News and undercut the air boss? Did the IPs talk directly with CNATRA before they did this or did they just take it on their own accord to ORM out as a group? I get that safety comes first and I'm not advocating anything less, I just think there were/are other ways of dealing with this issue to get the visibility it needs (if it's not already in work). Those of us who fly Hornets/Supers know that the Hypoxia/ECS/Pressurization issues are at the top of the list for safety concerns/priorities. To say they are not not, is just flat wrong. If its not being done fast enough, again, I get it and would opine that there are a number of other avenues and ways to get after this problem with leadership to include the air boss (actual) rather than VFR direct to Fox News who only reported what they wanted and put out a TON of misinformation to the public, just my $.02.
Everything Huggy said. They did the last thing they could to fix this issue. The T-45 OBOGS incidents were becoming much more frequent and much more serious than any Hornet OBOGS issue. Being privvy to some inside information on the issue, it's a **** storm of epic proportions and if the working theory turns out to be true CNATRA should not only be fired but stripped of everything for not acting.

No one went to the news, it gained traction mainly because the VPs son is there.