Line Holder
gdube94
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    May 2013
  • Position
    Fire Lieutenant
Quote: Here is the problem with our news media today, that creates these sensationalized, editorialized, BS:

It seems that no news station can just report the facts any more and leave us to draw our own conclusions. The masses are led to believe "United screws its customers" because the news guy said so. But hey, that always gets more hits than the facts, because society is so dumb these days, they need sensationalism, not facts.

I completely agree with you on the press. They don't want facts per se. Not just the facts. They want their narrative so they can drive that news cycle. And nobody, absolutely nobody, wants to wait for accuracy in a 24 hour news cycle if that accuracy takes more than five mins to determine.

I deal with the press literally every shift. It's a constant struggle to keep accurate facts in the final article or TV story. Also, and I've been dinged by this, often a reporter will get it right and then their editor will spice it up with creative editing. I've lived that more than once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk