View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 09:09 AM
sulkair
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009

Originally Posted by PulledBreaker View Post
Exactly. IPO announcement, then basically a hiring freeze for 6-12 months? After they offered early outs to the FAs?

I don't know about you, but if there was a prime NK/F9 merger opportunity...you are looking at it square in the eyes. The longer they put it off (growth overlap), the more it'll cost them in synergistic losses.

WN is gearing up to do redeyes, to try and stomp out the ULCC market share loss. Spirit's and Frontier's survival is dependant on a unified effort vs undercutting each other. Both companies know this very well. They are both stalling CBA negotiations, most likely to lengthen the process with a JCBA reboot in 18 months.

There's my speculation for the day.

But I thought the USA ULCC market potential was majorly UNDERtapped!?!? So how could NK and F9 be pressured into trying to undercut one another? Maybe on some routes... but on the whole??? And what purpose does it serve to merge when you are so greatly profitable alone? Especially with an IPO on the horizon, a Spirit merger just doesn't make sense to me.